We believe we produce a superior product, and that your investment should be rewarded with years of trouble free operation. Through rigorous quality control and testing at every stage of manufacture we are confident that KKDC products will operate as intended.
In the unlikely event that purchasers should experience a product failure, this should in the first instance be dealt with by contacting the supplier or local authorised KKDC representative.
Our warranty is provided in addition to any statutory legal rights and details the terms under which claims can be made.
1. Duration of the Warranty
This warranty applies to all KKDC manufactured products for 3 years from the date of shipment. An extended 5 year warranty may be offered at the discretion of KKDC if appropriate project registration criteria are met.
Should a KKDC product fail to function within the warranty period, KKDC will on its sole discretion provide a replacement free of charge or repair defective components in accordance with the terms set out below. Purchasers shall bear the cost of removal and return of any product subject to a warranty claim and that of installing a replacement. Any other costs, including but not limited to replacement costs upon installation; costs caused from failures of the installation or other damages and/or consequential damages are not covered by this warranty. Replacement products shall as far as possible match the specification of the original but may have superior performance characteristics in line with ongoing product development.
3. Return of defective Product
The purchaser making a warranty claim shall contact KKDC (or their authorised representative) at the earliest opportunity to be provided with an address for return of the product. On receipt of returned product/s the validity of the claim will be checked. Proof of purchase may be required.
KKDC reserve the right to conduct diagnostic examination of any defective or failed product to determine patterns of usage and cause of failure and reserve the right to be the sole judge as to whether a returned product is defective within the terms of this warranty.
4. Notes / Conditions of Warranty
This warranty applies only to defects in materials and workmanship and only where KKDC Products are properly handled, stored, installed, wired and maintained in accordance with the most recent published KKDC product usage guides, installation instructions, specification sheets, and any applicable local electrical safety standards and wiring regulations. (The most recent versions of KKDC product documentation are available from the website - www.kkdc.lighting) This warranty does not constitute any inference as to the suitability of any product for any purpose. In no event shall KKDC be liable for any other costs or damages including lost profits, incidental, special or consequential damages.
Warranty will not apply in the event of;
5. Warranty contacts
- Product damage due to abuse, unauthorised alteration, modification, accident, natural disasters and acts of God.
- Product installation by unqualified persons.
- Product modification, disassembly or attempted repair by non KKDC staff.
- Product installation or storage in ‘abnormal’ conditions or locations, including but not limited to those where : -
- Ambient Temperatures are in excess of 50°C (please refer to precise specification for each product). - There is excessive humidity. - Any product has been subjected to excessive mechanical stress, or physical damage. - Inadequate heat sinking is provided for any unhoused ‘bare PCB’ type LED product. - IP67 class luminaires are installed without adequate local drainage, or become immersed in water.
- Chemical contamination or damage from salt laden air.
- Damage from use of pressure washers or other mechanical cleaners.
- Improper use of ’sanitizing products’ and maintenance using improper or unapproved chemical compounds/solvents.
- Unauthorised use of parts or accessories not manufactured by KKDC in conjunction with KKDC Products.
- ‘Constant Voltage’ (CV) KKDC LED Products are supplied with incorrect voltage.
- ‘Constant Current’ (CC) KKDC LED products are supplied with incorrect current.
- Incorrect layout, cutting and connection of wiring; intermittent or improper mains electrical supply.
- Product/s having damaged serial number, cable or Certificate labels.
- Product/s which have been installed more than once or have not been returned promptly and directly to KKDC for fault diagnosis and testing.
- Product/s discolored and/or deformed due to the natural environment and lifetime.
- Product/s installed in special/extreme environmental conditions (Such as: in Sub-zero polar regions / in desert regions on the equator / underwater deeper than 5m).
- Product/s not installed in accordance with KKDC installation and wiring guides.
Warranty claims can be made only by the original purchaser by contacting KKDC or local KKDC authorised representative details of which can be found via the supplier or on the website – www.kkdc.lighting6. Implied Terms
6.1 Subject to sub-clause 6.2, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied is excluded.
6.2 Where legislation implies any condition or warranty, and that legislation avoids or prohibits provisions in a contract excluding or modifying the application of or exercise of or liability under such condition or warranty, the condition or warranty shall be deemed to be included in this warranty. However the liability of KKDC for any breach of such condition or warranty shall be limited, at the option of KKDC, to the following: If the breach relates to any KKDC Product:
(i) the replacement or the supply of equivalent KKDC Product;
(ii) repair of product (excluding costs of removal and installation);
(iii) payment of the cost of replacement or of acquiring equivalent product; or
(iv) payment of the cost of repair of product (excluding costs of removal and installation).